Jessica is a Licensed Professional Counselor and holds two Masters degrees of Science in business and in counseling, one from Northeastern University in Boston and one from Georgia State in Atlanta. She has a BA in Communications from UNC Chapel Hill. She has been licensed as an LPC since 2006.
Her resume includes working in a variety of settings, primarily with adults.
Some of her work experience includes:
- Working as a graduate research assistant at Georgia State, studying the impact of HIV/AIDS on Atlanta’s transgendered community
- Providing individual, family, and group therapy in various inpatient and outpatient settings
- Working as an Assessment Counselor, Primary Therapist, Family Therapist, Residential Manager, and Center Director in a long-term residential substance abuse/dual diagnosis treatment center
- Serving as Center Director to run a local community service board, serving individuals with various mental health conditions/illnesses
- Working as Director of Behavioral Health for a large healthcare corporation, overseeing all behavioral health operations for the state of Georgia
- Working as an outpatient therapist at Perimeter Therapy Associates on a part-time basis since 2010, full time since early 2020
Jessica currently accepts UHC, Humana, and CIGNA insurance plans.
Areas of Specialty:
Instructions for Jessica’s New Clients at Perimeter Therapy:
Hello! I am looking forward to meeting you for our first appointment. I want to ensure that you have the information you need so that we will be ready to meet. Before we can begin treatment, you should complete all of the necessary paperwork. There is a link on this page to access the paperwork, fill the paperwork out and sign the paperwork electronically through DocuSign. Once you have completed the paperwork, I will receive the paperwork and complete my portion and then you will need to upload the paperwork to your theraportal account.
Please do not fill out paperwork prior to scheduling an appt with the office by calling 678-666-4717 ext 101.
- For Adult Clients: Click here to fill out Adult paperwork
- For Child Clients: Parent/legal guardian Click here to fill out Child paperwork
- For Couples: Click here to fill out the Couple paperwork
- For all Clients: Click here to review the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
All forms must be completed prior to our first appointment. If you have difficulty, please call me directly at 678-666-4717 ext 104 or email me prior to our appointment at Jessica.email@example.com
If you are meeting at the office, there are directions to the office in our Forms section on our website. Have a seat in the reception area and I will come out to meet you at our appointment time.
If you are doing your session via telehealth, at the scheduled appointment time, please go to the Perimeter Therapy Associates website, click on the link for therapists, go to my bio page and click the link Start Telemedicine Call. It is important that you do not try to click on telehealth in your theraportal account. That does not work as the doxy link is separate from your theraportal and our practice software. If you have any difficulty connecting, please call me directly at 404-449-6199 at the time of our appointment.
As part of our services, you will be assigned a sign-in for your patient portal by our receptionist. If you do not receive a link for this in your e-mail, please contact the receptionist at our main office number by dialing 678-666-4717 ext. 101.
Please call the main office to cancel or re-schedule appointments. Patients are responsible for missed appointments that are cancelled less than 24 hours in advance. You can always use your patient portal to cancel and re-schedule appointments in addition to the receptionist at 678-666-4717 ext. 101
Parents are required to attend the first session with minor children to review paperwork, complete the initial intake assessment, review informed consent, treatment parameters, expectations, treatment goals, and expectations.
Thanks again for ensuring that all documents are completed. I am excited to work with you and look forward to how we can move forward together in meeting your goals!
Jessica Schmoll, LPC