John is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) and Master Addiction Counselor (MAC) and holds a Masters of Social Work from The University of South Carolina. He has a BS in Psychology and Organizational Communication from Northeastern University. He began working as a therapist in 2009 and has been working in addiction and mental health services since 2009.
His resume includes working in a variety of settings with clients ranging from adolescents to adults. Some of his work experience includes:
- Overseeing the clinical operations of inpatient and outpatient services for individuals with substance abuse and mental health disorders with The Bluff Recovery Center
- Providing direct psychotherapy services, including clinical evaluations, individual and group psychotherapy, clinical interventions, treatment planning, family counseling, and discharge services for The Hale Foundation, non-profit organization in Augusta, GA
- Utilizing a unique blend of therapeutic modalities to facilitate change, including Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Brainspotting, Motivational Interviewing, and Twelve Step Facilitation for Pyramid Healthcare
- Starting an outpatient program for the Hale Foundation and Rivermend Health Centers of Augusta, including individual, group, and family psychotherapy
- Managing adolescent continuing care program for Bradford Health Services in Augusta, GA
- Providing counseling with men from Andrew House Detox and the Charlestown Recovery House in Boston, MA
- Providing family therapy for Recovery Houses Services in Statesboro, GA
- Psychiatric therapist for Aurora Pavilion in Aiken, SC, working with children, adolescents, and adults.
- Inpatient therapist at Willingway Hospital in Statesboro, GA
John is currently the Clinical Director for Pyramid Healthcare’s the Bluff Recovery Center in Augusta, GA.
John is accepting Optum, United Healthcare and UMR insurance.
Areas of Specialty:
Hello! I am looking forward to meeting you for our first appointment and thank you for choosing Perimeter Therapy Associates. I want to ensure that you have the information you need so that we will be ready to meet.
Before we can begin treatment, you should complete all of the necessary paperwork. When I am notified that you have contacted our main office at 678-666-4717 ext 101 and scheduled your first appointment, I will email you with the necessary paperwork attached. Please complete all the paperwork, sign, and email it to my secure email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Once I receive your documentation, I will upload it into your electronic record.
A note about my email address. I am contracted under my business name, Autumn’s Harbor Psychotherapy, as a therapist for the group practice Perimeter Therapy Associates. The email platform that I use is completely secure and HIPAA compliant, so you should feel confident your information is safe.
Please do not fill out paperwork prior to scheduling an appt with the office by calling 678-666-4717 ext 101.
All forms must be completed prior to our first appointment. If you have difficulty, please call me directly at 678-666-4717 ext. 106 or email me prior to our appointment at email@example.com.
At the present time, I am only providing services virtually through secure video. I use a HIPAA compliant telehealth platform called Doxy. At the time of the appointment, or a few minutes prior, go to the Perimeter Therapy Associates website, click on the link for therapists, go to my bio page and click the link Start Telemedicine Call. It is important that you do not try to click on telehealth in your theraportal account. That does not work as the doxy link is separate from your theraportal and our practice software. If you have any difficulty connecting, please call me directly at 678-666-4717 ext 106 at the time of our appointment.
As part of our services, you will be assigned a sign-in for your patient portal by our receptionist. If you do not receive a link for this in your e-mail, please contact the receptionist at our main office number by dialing 678-666-4717 ext. 101.
Please call the main office to cancel or re-schedule appointments. Patients are responsible for the cost of the session if appointments are missed without cancelling or are not cancelled at least 24 hours in advance. You can always use your patient portal to cancel and re-schedule appointments in addition to the receptionist at 678-666-4717 ext. 101
Thanks again for ensuring that all documents are completed. I am excited to work with you and look forward to how we can move forward together in meeting your goals!
John Martin, LCSW, MAC