Professional Counselor (LPC) in the State of Georgia. He received his Bachelor of Science degree from Georgia College & State University, Master of Education in Special Education from Georgia Southwestern State University, Master of Arts in Professional Counseling from Richmont University, and Education Specialist in School Counseling from Valdosta State University. He provides client-centered care through an open, supportive, and non-judgmental approach where clients can address concerns and discover solutions. Michael specializes in depression, anxiety, anger problems, adjustment issues, childhood trauma, behavior problems, men’s issues, substance abuse, and spiritual issues.
Michael’s resume includes:
- Individual counseling with children, adolescent, and adults in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Team Leader for Crisis Services at Oconee Regional Medical Center Emergency Department
- Group counseling with youth and adults in both residential and outpatient settings
- Family counseling
- Providing Alcohol & Drug Treatment, and Anger Management for court mandated adolescents and adults
- Providing Domestic Violence Intervention Services for individuals appointed through the courts
Mike is in network with United Healthcare, Aetna and BCBS.
Areas of Specialty:
Welcome New Clients
Hello! I am excited to meet you for our first appointment. I wanted to ensure that you have the information you need so that we will be ready to meet. Before we can begin treatment, you must complete appropriate form links identified below and upload them into your portal account. I cannot meet with you until this has been completed. If you have difficulty, please call the help desk at 678-666-4717 ext. 101.
If you are a telehealth client, please select the Doxy telehealth link above at our scheduled appointment time to login for our first appointment.
Please do not fill out paperwork prior to scheduling an appt with the office by calling 678-666-4717 ext 101.
- For Adult Clients: Click here to complete the Adult paperwork
- For Child Clients: Parent/legal guardian click here to complete the Child paperwork
- For Couples: Click here to access the Couples paperwork
- For all Clients: Click here to review the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
As part of our services, you will be given a sign-in for your patient portal by our helpdesk. If you did not receive a link for this in your e-mail, please contact the help desk at our main office number by dialing 678-666-4717 ext. 101.
Please call the main office to cancel or re-schedule appointments. Patients are responsible for missed appointments that are cancelled less than 24-hours in advance. You can always use your patient portal to cancel and re-schedule appointments in addition to the help desk at 678-666-4717 ext. 101
If for some reason you are not able to connect at the time of our appointment, please call or text me at my office cell number of 678-306-6453 so we can troubleshoot issues/concerns.
Clients presenting for sessions more than 10 minutes past our scheduled start time are considered late cancellations and will be subject to the missed appointment fee specified in your paperwork.
Thanks again for ensuring that all documents are completed and uploaded. I am excited to work with you and look forward to how we can move forward together in meeting your goals!
Michael Weiland, LPC
Perimeter Therapy Associates