David is a Professional Counselor (LPC) in the State of Georgia and has been since 2006. He is also a Certified Professional Counselor Supervisor (CPCS) and a Certified Clinical Trauma Professional (CCTP). He earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from Georgia State University, a Master of Theological Studies from Emory University, and a Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology from Prescott College. David utilizes a variety of therapeutic approaches in order to develop tailored and holistic plans for supporting his clients as they identify goals and work toward success. These approaches include, but are not limited to: EFT (Tapping), Mindfulness Meditation, Expressive Art, and Cognitive Behavioral techniques.
David’s resume includes:
- Individual counseling with adolescent and adults in both residential and community settings
- Group counseling with youth and adults in both residential and community settings
- Center Director for the Clifton Springs Mental Health Center at DeKalb Community Service Board.
- Field counselor for a wilderness-based, leadership development, residential treatment program for adolescents.
- Family and parent counseling and workshops
- Clinical Supervisor for associate and independently licensed counselors, social workers, and family therapists
Areas of Specialty: