Heather is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) and holds a Masters of Social Work from The University of Pennsylvania. She has a BA in Psychology from Wake Forest University. She began working as a therapist in 1994 and has been working in a private practice setting since 2000.
Her resume includes working in a variety of settings with clients ranging from adolescents to geriatrics. Some of her work experience includes:
- Providing individual and group therapy in the inpatient psychiatric unit at Underwood Memorial Hospital
- Working as an outpatient therapist for the University of Pennsylvania’s Employee Assistance Program
- Providing individual and group therapy for seniors at The Philadelphia Geriatric Center
- Leading a team of therapists at South Fulton Medical Center’s inpatient rehabilitation unit
- Counseling pregnant teens at The Los Angeles Free Clinic
- Contracting as an outpatient therapist at Jewish Family and Career Services in Atlanta
- Providing therapy with The Atlanta Behavior Therapy Clinic in Roswell
Heather formed her own private practice in 2002 and expanded to form Perimeter Therapy Associates, LLC in 2010.
Areas of Specialty:
Instructions for Heather’s New Clients at Perimeter Therapy:
Hello! I am looking forward to meeting you for our first appointment. I want to ensure that you have the information you need so that we will be ready to meet. Before we can begin treatment, you should complete all of the necessary paperwork. There is a link on this page to access the paperwork, fill the paperwork out and sign the paperwork electronically through DocuSign. Once you have completed the paperwork, I will receive the paperwork and complete my portion and then you will need to upload the paperwork to your theraportal account.
Please do not fill out paperwork prior to scheduling an appt with the office by calling 678-666-4717 ext 101.
- For Adult Clients: Click here to fill out Adult paperwork
- For Child Clients: Parent/legal guardian Click here to fill out Child paperwork
- For Couples: Click here to fill out the Couple paperwork
- For all Clients: Click here to review the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
All forms must be completed prior to our first appointment. If you have difficulty, please call me directly at 678-666-4717 ext. 102 or email me prior to our appointment at email@example.com
If you are meeting at the office, there are directions to the office in our Forms section on our website. Have a seat in the reception area and I will come out to meet you at our appointment time.
If you are doing your session via telehealth, at the scheduled appointment time, please go to the Perimeter Therapy Associates website, click on the link for therapists, go to my bio page and click the link Start Telemedicine Call. It is important that you do not try to click on telehealth in your theraportal account. That does not work as the doxy link is separate from your theraportal and our practice software. If you have any difficulty connecting, please call me directly at 678-777-8744 at the time of our appointment.
As part of our services, you will be assigned a sign-in for your patient portal by our receptionist. If you do not receive a link for this in your e-mail, please contact the receptionist at our main office number by dialing 678-666-4717 ext. 101.
Please call the main office to cancel or re-schedule appointments. Patients are responsible for missed appointments that are cancelled less than 24 hours in advance. You can always use your patient portal to cancel and re-schedule appointments in addition to the receptionist at 678-666-4717 ext. 101
Parents are required to attend the first session with minor children to review paperwork, complete the initial intake assessment, review informed consent, treatment parameters, expectations, treatment goals, and expectations.
Thanks again for ensuring that all documents are completed. I am excited to work with you and look forward to how we can move forward together in meeting your goals!
Heather Youngblood, LCSW